Based on the physical adsorption of gas molecules on a solid surface and the Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) theory, this is a technique that can be used to estimate surface area of materials.
Micromeritics Gemini VII BET surface area analyser
- Can be used to estimate surface area by BET, mesopore and micropore distribution analyses and isotherm studies.
- Rapid twin-tube setup
- Single and Multipoint BET surface area
- Langmuir surface area
- Pore volume and pore area distributions in the mesopore and macropore ranges by the BJH method using a variety of thickness equations including a user-defined, standard isotherm
Specific: 0.01 m2/g and higher
Total: 0.1 m2 and higher, +\- 0.03 m2
Pore volume: 4 x 10-6 cm3/g and higher
- Pore volume (distribution and total pore volume) in a user-defined pore size range
- Micropore distribution by the MP-method and total micropore volume by the t-Plot and as Plot methods
- Halsey, Harkins-Jura, Carbon Black STSA, Broekhoff-de Boer and user-entered thickness curves